Login & Account Management FAQs
Setting up your Monster account is easy. Check out our frequently asked questions below to learn how you
can do it all – from logging in and customizing your account profile, to updating your candidate apply
method and refining your Monster account preferences. You’ll also find out how you can track your
inventory and reporting as well as create and manage account users.
How can I update my account preferences and company information?
Account and Company Settings can be found by navigating to the Your Account menu at the
top of the screen after logging into your account.
All users have the ability to update their Account Profile and Account Preferences, while
Administrators also have the ability to update company information such as company info,
billing contact and preferences.
From the Account Profile tab, you can edit the following:
- Contact Information (mailing address, email address, phone number; parts of this may
not be editable; contact us if you need to change something)
- Username and Password (username cannot be changed)
- Job Ad Contact information (parts of this may not be editable; contact us if you
need to change something)
- Billing Contact information
From the Account Preferences tab, you can edit the following:
- Apply Method
- Apply Response Preferences
- Page Display
- Resume Search Preferences
- Job Ad Notifications
- Recommended Resumes Email Notifications
- Customers do not want their Physical Address Zip Code to be displayed on their Jobs.
Default is unchecked/no change from current where Zip Code is displayed on Job View
when it is provided. When checked, a value will be added to jobs posted by this
From the Company Settings tab, you can edit the following:
- Company Profile (parts of this may not be editable; contact us if you need to change
- Billing Contact (can restrict other users to invoice only)
From the Company Preferences tab, you can edit the following:
- Apply Method
- Apply Response Preferences
- Note: Administrators have the ability to set company user restricted settings here
Note: During the checkout flow, if there is missing account information,
the user will be guided to an “UPDATE ACCOUNT” page that will prompt them to provide the
missing information (highlighted in red) before completing their current activity. This
may occur if the account was originally set up via the manual xcode creation process in
webadmins new company set up wizard.
How can I change the company name that appears with my job ads?
You can change your company name by contacting us. Be sure to include your old and new company names, your name, and your Monster username. We will update your account information in our system and any jobs that you have listed on our site within 48-72 hours after the change has been received.
What is the Hiring Library?
The Hiring Library is where you can store copies of the Job Ads and Letters you create while using Monster.
You can reach the Hiring Library by going to Your Account > Hiring Library. You can use this space to view, edit, copy or delete the saved jobs and letters, or to create new jobs and letters.
You can also view the Hiring Library items that other users at your company have chosen to make public. To learn more, review our Hiring Library article.
How can I save my job ads for future use?
When you create a job, you have the opportunity to save information pertaining to the job (e.g., job title, job description) to your Hiring Library.
If you would like to save this job ad for future use, check the box next to “Save Job to Hiring Library.”
All the information you have entered in this job ad will be saved to your Hiring Library and can be edited at any time.
Once a job has been saved to your library, you can reuse the saved information when you create a job at a later date. To use a job from your library for this job ad, simply select it from the drop-down list at the top of this page (If you’ve not previously saved a job to your library, the drop-down list will not be included).
Note: Changes made to the selected job during the ad process will not affect the original library item. You can save a new version of the selected job at the end of the ad process.
How do I include an auto-reply letter with my job ad?
When you create a job, you’ll have an opportunity to include an auto-reply letter that will be sent to Job Seekers who apply to your job ad via Monster’s Apply Online feature. You can either select a letter from your Hiring Library or create a new letter. If you choose an existing letter, you can send it as it is, or customize if for the job ad. If you create a new letter, or update an existing letter, you can save it for future use by selecting the Save Letter to Hiring Library option.
You can also add an auto-reply letter to your job ad after your job has been created. Simply click the edit link associated with the ad on the Manage Job ads page, followed by the Auto-Reply tab. You can then choose an existing letter or create a new letter to include with your ad. You can also stop sending a letter that’s included with a ad on this page.
Letters can be viewed, edited, and created independently of a job ad by hovering over Your Account and selecting Hiring Library. Options are on the left side of the screen.
If you have not written any auto-response letters yet:
1. Create a job as usual.
2. Choose Auto-Reply Letter from the “Get more out of your job ad!” section.
3. To create a letter either select New Letter and write one, or use one of the Saved Letters.
4. Click Add Letter.
5. You can click on the Home tab and the Auto-reply letter should be added to the job ad.
If you have already used an auto-response letter before:
1. Create a job ad as usual.
2. Complete the first two pages and click Continue.
3. If you wish to create a screening questionnaire, do so here. If not, click Skip.
4. To create a letter either select New Letter and write one, or use a Saved Letter.
5. Click Continue.
6. Finish the ad as usual.
Smart Fields allow you to create a letter that can be sent to different candidates for different jobs, but automatically include the correct content. You can select:
· Date(this will automatically display the date on which you send the letter)
· Sender’s first name (this will automatically display the first name of the user who sends the letter)
· Sender’s last name (this will automatically display the last name of the user who sends the letter)
· Sender’s email address (this will automatically display the email address of the user who sends the letter)
· Recipient’s first name (this will automatically display the first name of the candidate you are sending the letter to)
· Recipient’s last name (this will automatically display the last name of the candidate you are sending the letter to)
· Recipient’s email address (this will automatically display the email address of the candidate you are sending the letter to)
· Job Title from Job ad (this will automatically display the title of the job ad the candidate applied to)
· Job Seeker’s Unique Resume Identifier (this will automatically display the resume value of the candidate’s resume)
Why can’t I log in to my Employer account?
If you are having difficulty logging into your account, please follow these suggestions:
Are you on the Employer website?
Employers/Recruiters should log into hiring.monster.com . If you are on just monster.com
that is the website for job seekers.
Are you using a supported browser?
Some older browsers do not function well on the Monster website. Please make sure you
are using one of our supported web browsers.
Are you receiving some sort of error message or does the page not load at all,
or gets “stuck” loading?
This can often be fixed by Clear Cache and Cookies, reloading the web page, and logging
is enabled on your browser:
- Check your Java version: Go to http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp and click the
‘Agree and Continue’ button.
- Use Monster’s testing tool – http://js-hx.newjobs.com/testme.html – and follow the
Did you forget your username?
You should have received an email with your Username when your Monster account was
created. If you’ve forgotten it, you can use the email address associated with your
account to log in. After you log in, you can find your username on your main Account
If, however, you have more than one username associated with your email address, the
system will prompt you for that username – if you’re not sure what it is, contact us so our Customer Service Representatives can help.
Did you forget your password?
If you have selected a secret answer as part of your account profile, you will be asked
to supply this answer. An email with instructions on how to access your account will be
sent to the email address associated with your account. If you have not selected a
secret answer, you will be asked to enter your account email address. Click on the
password link at the bottom of the login box.
Enter the email address associated with your Monster account in the email address field:
An email with instructions on how to access your account will be sent to the email
address associated with your account.
Is the issue still persisting?
Please contact us and one of our Customer Service Representatives will
help you fix the issue.
What should I do if I forgot my password?
You can request a new password online with the steps below:
- Go to http://hiring.monster.com click the ‘Log In’ button. Click the ‘Forgot your password?’ link.
- Enter your Monster account Email Address in the text box and click continue.
- Check your inbox for an email from Monster with your unique password reset link.
- You have been redirected to Monster. Create and confirm your new password. Choose a password that is between 8 – 20 characters that has both upper and lower case letters, and combines symbols, numbers and special characters.
- From here you can click on the “Access your account” link and you are ready to go.
I am having issues using Monster. Could it be an issue with my Internet
If you are experiencing a technical problem with the Monster site functionality you may
be experiencing a Browser issue. Even though, you can use all browsers on Monster site,
some of them can give you a better experience.
Recommended browsers on Monster site are:
If using an older version of Internet Explorer, you may need to turn on the Compatibility
View. Click here and select your browser version to see how this can be done.
How do I clean out my cache (temporary Internet files) and cookies?
Many of the common technical errors that occur on websites can be solved by clearing the
Temporary Internet Files (Cache) and Cookies within your browser. If you are receiving
an error message or a page is not loading, clearing the cache and cookies is the first
step to take.
When should I clear by cache and cookies?
The following scenarios are often solved by clearing the cache and cookies, reopening
the browser, and logging back in:
Can’t view a page on the site
Page does not load
Page no longer exists
Page cannot be displayed
You receive an error message of any type
How do I clear my cache and cookies?
The following website (not powered or hosted by Monster) includes links to instructions
for clearing/resetting/refreshing cache for various browsers. For additional help or
information, please check your browser’s Help menu.
How do I delete my Monster cookies?
If you wish to delete only your Monster cookies, you can do so by clicking
here. When you delete your Monster cookies, you will be automatically logged out
of your account.
What do I need to know about email spoofs and phishing?
Spoofs and phishing are email scams where the “from address” has been forged to appear as if it came from somewhere, or someone, other than the actual source. Both scams attempt to obtain data from you, such as personal identification and account information. The message may imply that there are issues with your account and that your response is required.
Often, a link will be included to a spoof website, where you will be asked to provide personal/account information, or update your existing account with new data. Providing this sensitive data can put you and your accounts at risk. Even if you don’t provide the data being requested, do not click on the link provided in the email. By doing so, you may be susceptible to computer viruses and the installation of key logging programs. Key logging is another method used to obtain personal data by recording everything you type.
Email spoofs, or phishing emails, are usually sent out to a general spam list. Even if the email appears to have originated from a Monster email address, or another known Internet address, you should be very cautious if the email is asking you for personal identification or account information. Please be aware that these emails do not come from Monster and should be disregarded.
What is Monster’s policy on privacy and my personal information?
At Monster, we take your privacy seriously. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users and strive to provide a safe user experience.
Monster’s Privacy Center contains information about how Monster protects your personal information. On the Privacy Center, you’ll find:
- Frequently Asked Questions about privacy, personal information, and your Monster account.
- Monster’s Ad Policies and Frequently Asked Questions about ads.
Please visit the Privacy Center to learn more.