Job Ad Checklist
When you are ready to begin creating your Monster Job Ad, there are a few things to keep in mind. Make sure to check these items every time you post a new job ad.
Stick to your outline:
An outline is a great place to start and will ensure that you have a complete description of the opportunity. If you’d like more details on what you should provide in each section listed below, take a look at our 5 Steps to your 5-Star Job Ad article.
- Job title (your headline)
- Marketing summary (your pitch)
- Responsibilities (the opportunity)
- Requirements/Preferences (the must/nice-to-haves)
- Benefits (what’s in it for me)
- Call to action (the transaction)
Before you post:
Do a little prep work before your job ad goes live!
- Check your job title by doing a quick search on Monster – does it align with the industry standard and similar opportunities out there?
- Remove any internal jargon
- Read it aloud to catch any typos
- Review your job ad for accessibility compliance. Learn More
After you post:
Now it’s time to look at all of your hard work. Put yourself in the candidate’s shoes and follow these final steps.
- Search for your ad and review it
- Apply on a mobile device and a computer (to ensure a good apply experience)