Retail Salesperson Job Description Sample
This retail salesperson sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Retail Salesperson Job Responsibilities:
Serves customers by helping them select products.
Retail Salesperson Job Duties:
Download our 2016 Small Business Guide to Hiring
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
- Advises customers by providing information on products.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Documents sale by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing checks, cash, and store or other credit cards.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Retail Salesperson Skills and Qualifications:
Listening, Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Selling to Customer Needs, Product Knowledge, People Skills, Energy Level, Dependability, General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Job Knowledge
Find out more about recruiting trends in the retail industry.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Retail Salesperson Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: