Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your pharmaceutical sales representative job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell your workplace to applicants. Are you a large firm with big-name clients and room for advancement or a boutique agency with close ties to the local community? Whatever makes your workplace special needs to be highlighted near the top of your job post. This is also a great place to talk about your philosophy toward work-life balance; corporate responsibility and social action; or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by selling pharmaceutical products and meeting customer needs.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Orchestrates virtual sales channels, including social media, presentation technology, and webinars.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section you should aim to sell the position to potential applicants, just like the first section of your pharmaceutical sales representative job description sold candidates on your workplace. Highlight the salary range and benefits, including commissions and bonuses, before you get into the pharmaceutical sales representative qualifications you’re seeking. To ensure that the salary range you mention is in line with similar salaries for this position in your region, use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer service
- Motivation for sales
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
- Scientific knowledge
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health sciences, marketing, or related field
- Previous sales experience a plus
[Call to Action] Your pharmaceutical sales representative job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to fill out an online application, or send a resume, along with a cover letter and technical writing samples or link to an online portfolio, to a designated recruiter.
Leverage Your Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Job Description With a Free Job Post
Now that you know how to write a job listing for a pharmaceutical sales professional, extend your reach with a free job post from Monster. Experience performance-based recruitment and find the right fit.