[Intro Paragraph] Use the first 2-3 sentences of you picker/packer job description to introduce your company to prospective pickers and packers, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. This short introduction is your first opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Picker/Packer Job Responsibilities:
- Pulls and packs product based on daily orders.
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
- Operates various pieces of equipment (i.e. Bendi, Palletizer, Dolly Loader, Pallet Wrapper, Forklift, and Electrical Pallet Jacks).
- Reports any mechanical problems.
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you’ll want to discuss your working hours and benefits, advising applicants of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits that set your business apart, like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements.
Picker/Packer Qualifications / Skills:
- Scanning and sorting outgoing stock
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months retail or customer service experience preferred
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment preferred
[Call to Action] Your picker/packer job description can turn interested job seekers into actual applicants with a strong call to action that tells them exactly how and where to apply. Let job seekers know who to contact at your company to apply and how to submit an application and resume.
Hire and Retain Top Talent Today
When timely and accurate order fulfillment is essential to your bottom line, a well-crafted picker/packer job description can give you the edge you need to find the right workers. Start today with a free job posting on Monster.