Industrial Maintenance Technician
[Intro Paragraph] Start your industrial maintenance technician job description by giving a short description of your company and the open position. This way the candidate knows right off the bat who they’re talking to and whether their ideal work culture and values are a match. Share your goals and key priorities, such as ensuring diversity and inclusion with your workforce.
Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities: Here you describe the daily tasks the new hire must perform on the job. Some examples can include:
- Installs, repairs, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
- Dismantles machinery and removes/replaces defective parts.
- Determines changes in requirements of parts by inspecting and measuring various instruments.
- Maintains inventories of equipment parts and supplies by checking stock and placing orders.
- Trains production workers on routine preventive maintenance.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
[Work Hours and Benefits] The next part of your industrial maintenance technician job description should give more details on the working hours and schedule. Most technicians work a standard 40-hour workweek, but overtime can often be required due to unexpected maintenance issues. The more transparent you are about these expectations, the more trust you’ll garner in the process. You should also specify which work environment the candidate can expect by sharing whether it’s an indoor work environment or if the position is mostly outdoors.
Besides the work schedule, it’s also important to mention the benefits that come with the position. Besides covering the annual salary and the possible sign-up bonus, you should also mention the compensation package. This could include a generous PTO plan, health insurance for the employee and their spouse/family, or even a company car.
Industrial Maintenance Technician Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to operate machinery and technical equipment
- In-depth knowledge of system maintenance
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment
- Familiarity with safety standards and regulations
- Skilled in analyzing information and creating reports
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering or similar field or related certifications
- [Number] years’ experience working as a maintenance technician.
[Call to Action] Your professional industrial maintenance technician job description needs a strong call to action. Without one, interested candidates won’t know how and where to apply. Depending on the interview and hiring process you can choose to share the email address of the hiring manager or provide a link to the hiring site or social media page where candidates can apply online.
Give Your Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description the Attention It Deserves
Now that your job post is written, the next step is to make sure it can be found by the right candidates. We can help! Post your professional job listing for free and let Monster provide you with the audience it deserves.