Senior Sales Representative
[Intro Paragraph] Use this section of your senior sales representative job description to promote your company. Discuss the company culture, core values, and mission. Driven candidates will want to advance, so share any professional development initiatives your company offers, such as mentorship and training programs and career development planning.
Next, show off what they’ll be selling by mentioning your best-selling products or services and any metrics you’re comfortable sharing. For example, you could share the number of customers or clients you’ve had to date and the annual revenue. Finally, specify whether you’re hiring an inside or outside senior sales representative because the necessary travel will differ depending on whether they’re sitting at a desk or going door-to-door.
Senior Sales Representative Job Responsibilities: This is where you’ll share the primary job responsibilities at your company. At some companies, a director of sales would create the sales strategy and oversee the department and the senior sales representative would manage sales representatives and work with customers. Edit the responsibilities so candidates know what to expect and can determine whether they want to apply. Here are a few examples:
- Hires and trains sales representatives.
- Manages a team of sales representatives.
- Builds and manages the sales pipeline.
- Creates monthly sales forecasts.
- Develops strategies to reach sales goals.
- Writes sales pitches for all products and services.
- Completes competitive analysis reports.
- Presents monthly sales reports to managers.
- Contacts potential customers and makes sales pitches.
- Develops relationships with top customers.
- Meets or exceeds sales quotas.
- Collaborates with customer service, billing, and other departments.
- Uses popular sales management software.
[Work Hours and Benefits] Use this section of your sales representative job description to note logistics like the hours and whether the candidate would need to travel. If traveling is required, mention whether they’d travel within the state or a particular region.
Next, highlight the benefits the candidate would receive, such as health insurance, dental insurance, a 401(k) with matching, paid time off, paid parental leave, and a per diem for travel. Mention the pay structure because some senior sales representatives receive only base pay or only commission and some receive both.
Senior Sales Representative Qualifications and Skills: Use these sections of your senior sales representative job description to share the qualifications. It’s helpful to note what is required versus preferred because some candidates will only apply if they meet all the qualifications. You may want to include:
- Communicates well and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knows effective ways to market products and services and learns about new offerings quickly.
- Works well independently and has advanced time management and organization skills.
- Manages sales representatives and has good leadership skills.
- Builds relationships with customers and coworkers and has strong interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related major is preferred.
- At least [number] years of sales representative experience is preferred.
[Call to Action] A skilled senior sales representative will end calls, emails, or in-person conversations with a strong call to action and you should do the same. End your job description with a strong call to action.
You could simply invite interested candidates to apply and provide instructions for applying from the job board, your company website, or by reaching out to the sales director. If you know the intended hiring timeline, it’s helpful to include it so candidates know what to expect.
Hire a Senior Sales Representative Who Will Make Your Sales Team More Effective
Now you have a senior sales representative job description that will sell the role and your company to top talent. Your next step is to reach candidates who have the sales skills to develop stellar sales strategies, motivate your team, and meet or exceed their own sales goals. Reach a large pool of senior sales representative candidates quickly with a free job posting on Monster.