[Intro paragraph] The leasing agent and leasing consultant job descriptions that garner the most attention take the next two to three sentences to introduce their business to prospective agents. Use this opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings by highlighting your unique company culture, working environment, and anything else you bring to the table for new hires.
Leasing Agent Job Responsibilities:
- Provides current and prospective residents with the best possible customer service to retain residents and lease properties.
- Discovers, engages, and advances each prospect and follow up until they have set an appointment, found a home within our portfolio, or decided not to move.
- Displays a high level of integrity and professionalism at all times in dealing with residents, prospects, employees, and outside contacts.
- Handles incoming sales by phone, email, and online chat.
- Provides information regarding specific communities as well as services offered with the goal of generating leases for the sites.
- Logs all activity into company provided databases (Pivotal/PCIC, One Site, Interactive Pricing Application) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accurately communicates the benefits and features of the property portfolio.
- Stays up to date with all promotions/leasing incentives.
- Provides accurate information to residents and prospects in a courteous manner and fills all reasonable requests or requirements.
- Maintains company’s customer service and sales standards.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is an excellent spot to highlight your firm’s work hours and benefits. Let applicants know about seasonal, overtime, or travel requirements. You should also list any benefits, like commissions, commuting credits, or paid vacation time, that set your property management company apart.
Leasing Agent Qualifications/Skills:
- Customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Prospecting skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- Three to five years of industry sales experience a plus
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a powerful call to action to turn them into applicants. Let prospective leasing agents know who to contact at your company to apply, or how and where to submit an application, resume, and supporting documents.
Want Help Hiring Your next Leasing Agent?
Agents are often the first contact between residents, potential buyers, and your business. So, make sure your next hire is a great one. Check out Monster ads today and let our monthly plans and free tools help you connect with the best reps for your brand.