[Intro Paragraph] Start your job posting with 2 or 3 sentences introducing your company to candidates and describing what successful applicants can expect from their new work environment. This is the perfect opportunity to set your role apart from other, similar listings. Bring the position to life in a creatively authentic way, and your ad will perform better with job seekers.
Marketing Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support to marketing department.
- Execute marketing strategy.
- Work with marketing team to manage brand and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns.
- Perform market and client research.
- Create reports on marketing performance.
- Maintain schedules for marketing initiatives.
- Assist with social media and website content.
- Attend trade shows, company events.
- Organize and manage marketing collateral.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where we recommend adding information on working hours and benefits. Putting this information here can help keep candidates interested and entice them to continue reading. If there are any special benefits or perks that go along with this position, such as paid leave, training opportunities, paid travel, or work-from home options, be sure to mention them here. This is another great way to make your job ad more appealing to potential applicants.
Marketing Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts
- Excellent time management skills
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and social abilities
- Ability to spot emerging trends
- Familiarity with social media, social networking, email marketing and search engines
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong writing and copy-editing abilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- 1-3 years experience in marketing or equivalent education
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere) a plus
- Digital photography and video editing experience a plus
[Call to Action] Add a call to action at the end of your marketing assistant job description to increase the performance of your listing. Give applicants clear instructions on how they should apply for this position and eliminate any potential for confusion. You can instruct candidates to email a resume to a specific person, or let them know how to apply online (e.g., “click the button marked “apply” at the top of this page”). This will encourage interested candidates to take the next step and apply as directed.
Put Your Marketing Assistant Job Description to Work
Whether you need someone to support your marketing manager or you have a large and growing marketing department, the right marketing assistant can make all the difference. Get your job opening in front of a large pool of talented candidates quickly by taking advantage of a free job listing on Monster’s world class job board.