[Intro Paragraph] The best job descriptions use the first few sentences to introduce their company to prospective shipping clerks. The opening of your shipping clerk job description is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers, by highlighting your unique company culture and working environment.
Shipping Clerk Responsibilities:
- Manages the shipment of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You can discuss working hours and benefits, advising prospective shipping clerks of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay in this section of your shipping clerk job description. You can also talk about the benefits-like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements-that set your business apart.
Shipping Clerks Qualifications/Skills:
- Scanning and sorting outgoing stock
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
[Call to Action] The job descriptions that get the most responses know how to turn interested parties into applicants-with a strong call to action. Tell prospective clerks know exactly how to apply, where to submit an application and resume, or who to contact at your company for additional information.
Is Your Shipping Clerk Job Description Ready for Delivery?
There are numerous qualified shipping clerk candidates on the shelves and ready for work; it’s up to you to reach them. Now that you’ve written a detailed and attractive job description, you can quickly get the attention of top candidates with a free job posting on Monster.