Customer Service Manager
[Intro Paragraph] We suggest starting your customer service manager job description with a marketing summary of your company. The summary should include strong reasons why your company stands out compared to its rivals and should get job seekers excited to apply. Anything that makes your organization special or unique needs to be emphasized here.
Customer Service Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Answers customers’ questions, resolves problems, and maintains customer satisfaction by providing problem-solving resources.
- Maximizes customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice.
- Accomplishes customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, training, and coaching employees.
- Manages customer service staff, communicates job expectations, and performs appraisals and job reviews.
- Meets customer service financial objectives by forecasting requirements, prepares annual budgets, and schedules expenditures.
- Improves customer service quality results by conducting surveys and studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and establishing and communicating service metrics and monitoring and analyzing results.
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Contributes customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Audits customer service procedures and trends and determines system improvements.
- Enforces company policies and procedures.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers and visiting operational environments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
[Work Hours & Benefits] We recommend putting discussing working hours and benefits in this section of your job description. Because it’s a very relevant topic for the job seeker, they are likely to continue reading the job posting when the information is placed here. Be sure to provide specific details concerning working conditions or requirements, including weekend work or overtime.
Customer Service Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service skills
- Process improvement
- Strong decision-making skills
- Managing processes
- Tracking budget expenses
- Analyzing information
- Developing standards
- Help desk experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in customer service
- Some employers may prefer the completion of an undergraduate degree or certificate
[Call To Action] Putting a call to action at the end of your customer service manager job description will probably get you more responses to your job posting. This provides the job seeker specific instructions about how to apply. For example, tell them to apply clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job posting, by emailing an application to a specific individual, or by filling out an application on the company’s website.
Find Candidates by Posting Your Customer Service Manager Job Description
To keep your customers happy on a consistent basis, you need steady and transparent leaders who can set the tone — and example — for your customer service team. With our experience pairing employers to qualified job seekers, Monster is ready to help. Find out how you can start the process by posting your next job for free.