Customer Service Representative
[Intro Paragraph] You’ll get the most responses to your job posting by taking the next 2-3 sentences to introduce your business to prospective customer service reps. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from your competitors and sell yourself to job seekers by highlighting your unique company culture and working environment, and what you bring to the table for new hires.
Customer Service Representative Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by providing product and service information and resolving product and service problems.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services.
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can highlight working hours and benefits specific to your company. This is another chance to sell potential applicants on things like overtime or seasonal availability. You should also list any benefits that set your firm apart, like paid vacation time or family leave, commuting credits, and childcare reimbursements.
Customer Service Representative Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Product knowledge
- Market knowledge
- Quality focus
- Problem solving
- Documentation skills
- Phone skills
- Resolving conflict
- Analyzing information
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems a plus
- Previous experience, especially in particular industry, preferred
[Call to Action] Job hunters are familiar with your company and the job requirements — great job! Now you need a compelling call to action so prospective candidates know exactly how to apply. Let them know who to contact at your company to apply, and how and where to submit an application and any supporting documents.
Use This Customer Service Representative Job Description to Find Your Next Hire
Customer service reps are the first line of contact your customers have with your business, so you want to make sure you field candidates with the right skills. Once you’ve completed your job description, you want to make sure it reaches the most qualified candidates — and we can help. To start the process, consider a free job posting today.