Accounts Payable and Receivable
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your accounts payable and receivable job description with a short paragraph that introduces the company and open position. Make your job post stand out by including some specific job-related details like the type of clients your company works with or the staff size.
Accounts Payable and Receivable Job Responsibilities: The accounts payable and receivable clerk is responsible for checking figures and creating spreadsheets. Be sure to include these responsibilities in your accounts payable and receivable job description:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling, preparing disbursements, and obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information, computing charges, and refunds, and preparing and mailing invoices.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts and notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments and adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours and Benefits] The next paragraph of your accounts payable and receivable job description should focus on the work hour and benefits details. Inform prospective candidates about the expected work hours and whether the job is remote or on-site. Don’t forget to include any persuasive benefits like PTO, health insurance, 401(K), and maternity/paternity leave.
Accounts Payable and Receivable Qualifications and Skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Great attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficiency in mathematics
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate degree in related field
- Minimum of [number] years of accounting experience
[Call to Action] Now that future applicants are familiar with your firm and the open position, it’s time to show them how they can apply to your job opening. Provide them with the necessary information, like HR email address or a direct link to the hiring website.
Post Your Accounts Payable and Receivable Job Description Today
Creating a strong job description is the best way to start your hiring process. Put your job post in front of the right audience to find top candidates. We can help you find a professional employee with a high level of skill and integrity by offering a job post for free on our job board.