Accounts Receivable Manager
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your accounts receivable job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell your company, institution, or workplace to applicants. Emphasize your organization’s investments in employee development or its dedication to work-life balance. You might also mention how many employees or clients you have, the scope of your business, or your involvement in the community.
Accounts Receivable Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Obtains revenue by processing invoices, resolving missed payments, updating financial records, and effectively supervising staff engaged in similar activities.
- Accomplishes accounts receivable human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets accounts receivable financial standards by providing annual accounts receivable budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Collects accounts by contacting customers referred by clerks; investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
- Supports financial planning by forecasting cash.
- Updates receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting monthly account transactions.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section of your accounts receivable manager job description you’ll want to sell the position to potential applicants in a similar way as your first paragraph marketed your workplace to candidates. To ensure that the salary range you mention in your job post is in line with similar salaries in your region, you can use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location. You can also mention benefits, such as health insurance and wellness program, skills training, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, 401(k), and flexible spending accounts (FSA).
Accounts Receivable Manager Skills/Qualifications:
- Familiarity with financial, accounting, and bookkeeping software, spreadsheets, forecasting, and Statement of Financial Accounting Standards (SFAS)
- Leadership, management, and team-building skills
- Time and process management, including the ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous deadlines, set priorities, and work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with budgeting
- Accounting and superlative quantitative skills
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidentiality and privacy
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to resolve misunderstandings and errors in a diplomatic manner
- Typing, computing, and data entry skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Strong financial skills and understanding of financial concepts and business principles
- Documentation skills
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s in accounting, finance, or business management
- 5+ years’ experience working in an accounting, billing, or accounts receivable department
- Previous management experience
[Call to Action] Use this portion of the job description to provide the next steps to candidates so they know how to apply to the position. If you’re sending them to your website, include a direct link to your application portal.
Multiply the Reach of Your Accounts Payable Manger Job Description With a Free Job Post
Now that you’ve crafted an appealing post for your accounts payable manager job opening, take advantage of a free job listing from Monster. A capable manager who can contribute to your bottom line is just a click away.