Retail Sales Associate Job Description Sample
Our retail sales associate job description sample can make it easier to write a targeted job posting that will get you in touch with the right candidates for the position. Use the template’s format as a starting point and then personalize and customize it according to your needs. Get helpful hints about how to write your job description by looking at our retails sales associate job listings.
Retail Sales Associate
[Intro Paragraph] It’s a good to start your retail sales associate job description with a statement that acts as your company’s marketing summary and describes your business. Take the opportunity to say something that makes your organization stand out from other employers.
Retail Sales Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by helping them select products.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’ questions.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Documents sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Alerts management of potential security issues.
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Providing the information about working hours and benefits right after the introduction helps keep your job seekers engaged. This is where you want to describe working conditions or requirements things like shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedules. Additionally, make sure to discuss special benefits that your company provides that others don’t make available.
Retail Sales Associate Qualifications/ Skills:
- Excellent customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Selling to customer needs
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Job knowledge
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired
[Call To Action] You should put a call to action at the end of the ad. This tells the potential candidate exactly how to apply. For example, let applicants know they can apply on the company website or send their resume to an email address. Job ads with strong calls to action perform better than those without one.
Ready to Post Your Retail Sales Associate Job Description?
If you’re ready for your retail sales associate hires, get help from Monster, and find out which plan works best for you. Learn more information now!