Property manager job description sample
This property manager job description can assist in creating a job application that will attract candidates who are qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific requirements. For more ideas about how to build your perfect posting, browse our property manager job listings.
[Intro paragraph] We also encourage you to lead off your job description with a few sentences introducing prospective managers to your property portfolio, company culture, and working environment. This is your opportunity to sell yourself to the job candidate, so describe your firm’s values as well as what you can offer new property managers. That will truly differentiate your position from competing job listings.
Property Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises.
- Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates and calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service, installing and maintaining security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now that future property managers know what’s required of them, you may want to include details about your working hours and benefits. Discuss any flexible hour or workweek options, on-site meeting schedules, or travel requirements. You can also highlight the unique benefits that set your business apart, like profit sharing, paid time off, tuition credits, or continuing education reimbursement.
Property Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Motivation for sales
- Familiarity with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office management software
- Internal communications
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in real estate or sales
- 1-3 years’ management experience a plus
- Solid knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
[Call to Action] This is where the best performing job ads truly set themselves apart: with a powerful call to action. Let applicants reading your property manager job description know exactly how to apply, and encourage them to do so by including specific details, like hiring manager contact information or required documentation. One other option is to tell them to click on the “apply” button if one is located at the top of the job listing.
Ready to add a new property manager to your team?
Now get ready to find the best of the best management candidates with Monster job ads. Our wide range of monthly plans fit any company’s needs, giving you the power to upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. And with access to Monster Studios, you can create video job descriptions at no additional cost.