Packer job description sample
This packer job description template can provide you with the framework for a posting that will attract the most qualified candidates. The most effective postings maintain the overall structure and format of this outline, then add the job requirements and duties specific to the position. You may also want to browse Monster’s packer job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description.
[Intro Paragraph] Take two to three sentences to introduce your company to prospective packers, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. This short introduction is your first opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Packer Job Responsibilities:
- Pulls and stacks product based on daily orders.
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps products separated, organized, and in good rotation.
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
- Operates various pieces of equipment (i.e. Bendi, palletizer, dolly loader, pallet wrapper, forklift, and electrical pallet jacks).
- Reports any mechanical problems.
- Utilizes continuous-improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices and required work-safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can discuss work hours and benefits, advising applicants of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits—like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements—that set your business apart.
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking
- Pulling, packing, and loading
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Six months of retail or customer service experience preferred
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job-entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment preferred
[Call to Action] Now that applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements, a strong call to action will tell prospective packers exactly how and where to apply. Turn interested job seekers into actual applicants by letting them know how to submit an application and resume or whom to contact at your company to apply.
Is your job description ready to go?
Getting an applicant’s attention is one thing. Now take your packer search to the next level with Monster job ads. Our flexible monthly plans allow your company to upgrade, scale down, and cancel your candidate search at any time. You can even access SearchMonster and comb through this massive resume database for the best job candidates. Get started here!