[Intro Paragraph] The best job ads use the first two or three sentences to introduce prospective delivery drivers to their company. Talk about your company culture and working environment right here to set your company apart from competing listings.
Delivery Driver Job Responsibilities:
- Delivers high-quality products to our customers in a safe, courteous, and timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains outstanding relations with customers.
- Reviews and verifies invoices and purchase requests to ensure accuracy.
- Inspects delivery vehicles and ensures the safety and security of the loading and unloading process.
- Contacts customers to confirm delivery details.
- Determines placement of merchandise, follows safety and lifting protocols during deliveries, and conducts safety reviews.
- Maintains delivery logs and records.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place to discuss your working hours and benefits. Tell potential applicants about seasonal work hours or overtime requirements. You can also talk about the benefits — like paid vacation time or family leave — that set your establishment apart.
Delivery Driver Skills / Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with local streets, neighborhoods, and routes
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment preferred
[Call to Action] Now that prospective drivers are familiar with your location and the job requirements, you need a strong call to action to encourage them to apply. Turn interested job seekers into actual applicants by letting them know who to contact at your company to apply and how to submit an application or resume.
Deliver Stellar Results With Your Job Description
You worked this hard on a great delivery driver job description and now you’re ready to get working on finding the best candidates who will truly deliver for your company. It’s important to get your listing in front of as many qualified candidates as possible before you make your hiring decision, and Monster can help make that process efficient and painless. Start today by posting your job at no cost.