Front Desk Agent Job Description Sample
This front desk agent job description sample can help you create a posting that will attract the best candidates to represent your business. This overall structure and format make it easy for you to customize it with your specific requirements and desired skills for your open position. And if you’d like some additional ideas about what to include, browse our front desk agent job listings.
Front Desk Agent
[Intro Paragraph] Start your front desk agent job description with an introduction to your company or service. You’ll want to stress the positive qualities you offer to employees and why a job seeker would want to work for you. Take this chance to make your position stand out from other competing job listings, by painting a picture that makes it easy for potential candidates to imagine working for you.
Front Desk Agent Job Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers and guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Ascertains their purchasing needs.
- Assists customers in a branded, friendly, proactive, and efficient manner with appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Knows all essential aspects of our business operations.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; and makes change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording customer information and operating credit card authorization systems.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Monitors lobby and work area determine customer flow.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Facilitates correspondence with customers.
- Acts as the site liaison for the services and sales center.
- Works collaboratively with other staff, managers, and resources.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Make sure to include information about your working hours and benefits in this location. You can create interest and encourage potential agents to keep reading by describing the expected working conditions or requirements such as flexible schedules, weekend work, and overtime opportunities. Also, be sure to highlight any special benefits that you offer such as uniforms provided, food and beverages provided during shifts, and employee discounts.
Front Desk Agent Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Prior industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with telephone, office, and point-of-sale software a plus
[Call to Action] Job ads that conclude with a compelling call to action tend to get the most responses. Let prospective front desk staff know exactly how you’d like them to apply, whether by emailing a resume, applying in person, or clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Put Together the Perfect Front Desk Agent Job Description? Now Put It to Work.
Front desk personnel are the face of your business. Make sure you nail your next hire with Monster job ads. Our flexible monthly options let you choose the right plan to fit your needs and choose the employees that will be represent your company. Check it out today!