Call Center Agent Job Description Sample
This call center agent job description sample can assist in creating a job application that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. Then go and find more ideas for crafting your description by browsing Monster’s call center job listings.
Call Center Agent
[Intro paragraph] Take the next 2-3 sentences to introduce your business to prospective call center agents, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing job listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Call Center Agent Job Responsibilities:
- Obtains client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients; verifying information.
- Determines eligibility by comparing client information to requirements.
- Establishes policies by entering client information; confirming pricing.
- Informs clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information.
- Maintains communication equipment by reporting problems.
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can include working hours and benefits, another chance to sell potential applicants on things like overtime or seasonal availability. Don’t forget to highlight benefits that set your business apart, like paid vacation time or family leave, commuting credits, or childcare reimbursements.
Call Center Agent Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal communication
- Phone skills
- Data entry skills
- People skills
- Customer focus
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset.
- Previous customer service experience, especially in particular industry, preferred.
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a compelling call to action so prospective call center agents know exactly how to apply. Let them know how and where to submit an application or resume, or who to contact at your company to apply.
Is Your Perfect Call Center Agent Job Description Ready to Go Out?
Fill your call center agent position with the help of Monster job ads. Our range of monthly plans are perfect for any size company or job search. Plus, you can cancel at any time. Join today and you’ll have access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, giving you access to our massive candidate engagement platform and allowing you to put the call out to all the best candidates. Get started today!