[Intro Paragraph] Begin your administrative coordinator job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to make the case that your organization is a great place to work. If you’re hiring for a large corporation, you might emphasize the wide range of opportunities and perks your organization provides. If yours is a smaller workplace, you can emphasize your commitment to your clients and community, or your investments in employee development and dedication to work-life balance.
Administrative Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Implements administrative projects, systems, procedures, and policies.
- Maintains administrative workflow by studying processes, implementing cost reductions, and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, analyzing utilization of computer systems and software, and implementing changes.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, training, and coaching.
- Inventories and orders office supplies.
- Serves as liaison with technical support staff for office equipment.
- Pays vendors, maintains facilities and office supply budget, and oversees other expenses necessary to the day-to-day administrative operations.
- Schedules meetings, answers phones, and maintains digital and physical records.
- Prepares agendas and takes notes at meetings and archives proceedings.
- Assists in preparation of reports and presentations and aids in budgeting process.
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing information and identifying and communicating solutions.
- Maintains rapport with customers, managers, and employees by researching and developing new services and methods, setting priorities, and problem solving for workflow issues.
- Directs administrative productivity in accordance with management directives.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management, discovering irregularities, and determining continuing needs.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating administrative policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines, and communicating developments to management.
- Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources, redesigning systems, and recommending re-deployment of designated resources.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related tasks and projects as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section of your administrative coordinator job description you’ll want to sell the position to potential applicants in a similar way as your first paragraph made an argument on behalf of your workplace by emphasizing your generous salary and benefits. To ensure that the salary range you mention in your job post is in line with similar salaries in your region, you can use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location. You can also mention perks, such as tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and 401(k).
Administrative Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
- Process management and improvement
- Time management
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Leadership, coaching, and mentoring
- Client relationships
- Innovation mindset
- Experience with administrative software, such as Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Word processing
- Presentation skills
- Administrative writing and editing skills
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- BA or associate’s degree in business management or related field
- Past management or supervisory experience a plus
- Past administrative experience
[Call to Action] Your administrative coordinator job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to send a resume and cover letter or fill out an online application.
Leverage Your Administrative Coordinator Job Description with a Free Job Post
Having trouble finding candidates with the right credentials to run your office with optimum efficiency? A free job listing from Monster can help you make the most of your administrative coordinator job description and find the right fit.