Admissions Representative Hospital Job Description
This admissions representative – hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Admissions Representative Hospital Job Responsibilities:
Admits patients by gathering and recording physician, patient, and payment responsibility information; answering questions; providing hospital and hospital services information.
Admissions Representative Hospital Job Duties:
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database.
- Provides patients with information by explaining hospital admission policies, time of admission, room selection, tv and video rentals, telephone availability, cell phone restrictions; answering inquiries.
- Secures payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring pre-admission approvals from third-party payers; verifying approvals; notifying patient accounts department of self-paying admissions.
- Prepares admission folders by gathering admission paperwork for scheduled patients.
- Greets and receives patients to be admitted by conducting personal interviews; entering demographic and insurance information; confirming pre-admission information; obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms; receiving payment and issuing receipts for tv and video rentals; accepting patient valuables; distributing patient information literature.
- Verifies patient identify by checking identification; preparing and placing identification band on patient.* Ensures patient's arrival to hospital room or testing area by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient's arrival; calling volunteer to transport the patient to the assigned area.
- Admits emergency room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members; visiting emergency room, delivery room, or patient room.
- Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients and the public; referring inquiries.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Accomplishes admissions and hospital mission by completing related results as needed.
Admissions Representative Hospital Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Energy Level, Data Entry Skills, Language Fluency, Teamwork, People Skills, Hospital Environment, Typing
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Administration Representative Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about how the hiring process: