This electrical engineering manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Electrical Engineering Manager
Electrical Engineering Manager Job Purpose: Provides operational power by developing and maintaining electrical systems; managing staff.
Electrical Engineering Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes electrical engineering human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves electrical engineering operational objectives by contributing electrical engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets electrical engineering financial objectives by forecasting electrical engineering requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic electrical plans by studying operational plans; studying existing conditions; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Plans electrical projects by determining specifications; selecting contractors; establishing installation schedules; planning shut-downs and installations; integrating requirements with architectural and mechanical designs; verifying code requirements; updating cost estimates.
- Completes electrical projects by supervising installations; resolving design issues.
- Maintains electrical systems by establishing and enforcing preventive and on-going maintenance, and testing programs; scheduling repairs; coordinating shut-downs and installations.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with codes and legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Electronic Testing Design, Electronic Production Technologies, Electronic Systems, Technical Management, Developing Budgets, Management Proficiency, Electronics Troubleshooting, Basic Safety, Quality Focus, Process Improvement, Leadership
Find out more about writing a job description: