[Intro Paragraph] Whether you’re writing a junior architect job description or a senior architect job description, introduce prospective applicants to your company and working environment to set your posting apart from the rest. Take two or three sentences to shape your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate, letting them know what you have to offer new hires.
Architect Job Responsibilities:
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Produces conceptual plans, renderings, and documents.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- Produces construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working with the Project Manager, may direct, supervise, and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
- Interfaces with Director of Architecture and project managers.
- Works in tandem with highly collaborative multi-discipline design teams.
- Assists in research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. The best performing architect job descriptions inform future employees about flexible hours, the ability to work from home, or other telecommuting opportunities. And they highlight unique benefits, like conference sponsorships, continuing education credits, or profit sharing opportunities.
Architect Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to provide elegant and efficient design solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of architectural experience preferably within the hiring firm’s field
- Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- LEED AP is preferred
[Call to Action] You’ve got a candidate’s interest. Now you need to let them know how to apply and encourage them to do so. So, here is where you include a compelling call to action, advising job seekers to apply through the job listing or to contact your HR department directly, along with any other application requirements.
Attract and Hire the Right Architect for Your Firm
Talented and capable architects are the foundation of any design and building company. Hiring the right person can make or break your firm’s success. Improve your chances and increase your recruiting efficiency today by posting a free job ad on Monster.