[Intro paragraph] The job postings that garner the most attention take advantage of the first 2-3 sentences to introduce their business to prospective sales representatives. Use this opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers by highlighting the unique company culture, working environment, and anything else you bring to the table for new hires.
Sales Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is an excellent spot to highlight your company’s working hours and benefits. Let potential sales engineers know about the opportunity for overtime or seasonal availability. You should also list any benefits that set your business apart, like commissions, commuting credits, or paid vacation time or family leave.
Sales Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- General programming skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirements analysis
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- 3 to 5 years of industry sales experience
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
[Call to Action] Now that future engineers are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a compelling call to action to turn them into applicants. Let them know who to contact at your company to apply, or how and where to submit an application, resume, and supporting documents.
Want Help Hiring Your next Sales Engineer?
Sales engineers are a critical point of contact between potential customers and your business, so make sure your next hire is a great one. Check out Monster ads today and you’ll get a leg up on the competition by finding the best of the best. There’s nothing more important than building trust with your customers, so let Monster help you connect with the best reps for your brand.