[Intro Paragraph] Your goal in this first paragraph is to create some excitement in your potential candidate. Help them imagine what it would be like to work for you by providing a brief marketing summary of your company and the role they would play in your company. Your recruiting pitch should communicate what you have to offer new employees that makes your job a better choice than competing roles.
Sales Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains promotional databases by inputting invoices and bill-back data.
- Updates managers by consolidating, analyzing, and forwarding daily action summaries.
- Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history; identifying alternate means for filling orders; and notifying managers and customers.
- Resolves promotional allowances, rebates, and pricing discrepancies by researching promotion details and regular and special prices, and forwarding resolution to managers.
- Provides product, promotion, and pricing information by clarifying customer requests, selecting appropriate information, forwarding information, and answering questions.
- Provides sales vs. projection results by preparing and forwarding sales tracking reports.
- Forwards samples by entering requests, arranging shipments, and notifying customers.
- Maintains customer databases by inputting customer profiles and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports.
- Prepares sales presentations by compiling data, and developing presentation formats and materials.
- Tracks sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analyzing, and summarizing expenses, and forwarding for reimbursement.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] After you have informed the job seeker of your requirements, you should tell them about the work hours and benefits. This paragraph of your sales assistant job description should describe not only standard work hours, but also special working conditions that may apply, such as weekend work, flexible hours, and sales commissions. Be sure to include information about things like office perks, commuter benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Sales Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Computer data entry skills
- Customer service and people skills
- Critical thinking
- Selling skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer literacy
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- College degree preferred
- 0-3 years’ experience in sales
- On-the-job training provided
[Call to Action] At the end of your sales assistant job description, you should provide a call to action. You will get more responses if you make it easy by telling prospective candidates how to apply. This can be done by having them click on the apply button in the advertisement, sending a resume to an email address, or having them apply on the company website. If you don’t provide a convenient way to apply, they will simply move on to the next want ad.
Find the Perfect Assistant for Your Sales Operations
Once you’ve put the finishing touches on your sales assistant job description, you’ll want to put it to work for you. Get it in front of a large number of highly talented candidates by posting your job for free on Monster.