[Intro Paragraph] Start your security officer job description with an introduction to the company and workplace. Provide information about the type of services or products you sell, the place, object, or person in need of security, and the size and hierarchy of the staff. Include specifics that will intrigue potential candidates to continue to read.
Security Officer Job Responsibilities: Job responsibilities are important to include in your security officer job description. Ensure the alertness and judgment skills of the potential candidates by including these key duties:
- Presents losses and damage by reporting irregularities and informs violators of policy and procedures.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, and access points.
- Investigates security breaches, incidents, and other alarming behavior.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Interviews witnesses and obtains signatures as needed.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains the organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours and Benefits] The expected work hours of a security officer depend on the type of company and the particular shift. Some security officers are required to work daytime shifts, while others need to ensure security at night. Include the specific work hours of your open position. Next, add the compensation package to your security officer job description and highlight the benefits that set your company apart, including flexible hours, PTO, or a gym membership.
Security Officer Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent sense of judgment
- Can stay alert at all times
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of [number] years of security experience
- CPR/First Aid certified
[Call to Action] End your security officer job description with a compelling call to action, one that gives potential candidates clear instructions on how they can apply. Provide the contact information of the hiring manager, include a simple link to the hiring website, or leave instructions on how they can apply in person.
Ready to Post Your Security Officer Job Description?
A high level of alertness and professionalism is required to ensure the safety of protected assets. The key to finding qualified candidates who can take on this huge responsibility is to post your job where the right people will see it. Monster can help by offering a free job post.