Security Officer Job Responsibilities:
Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
Security Officer Job Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Security Officer Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
Hire Your Next Security Officer
You can’t have a successful business if you can’t rely on your security team to have your back—not to mention the backs of your customers. It starts with making an informed hire. Could you use some help with that? Join Monster for free today. As a member, you’ll receive hiring tips and advice, special offers, industry trends, and much more. When it comes to security, you can’t leave anything to chance. Let Monster’s expertise help you determine the traits of a top-level candidate, as well as ways to reach out and bring them aboard.