[Intro paragraph] Start out with an introductory paragraph that tells the prospective applicant a little bit about your company and the working environment. Two or three sentences catering your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate is your chance to set your company apart from the rest.
Marketing Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Contributes to marketing strategy by studying economic indicators, tracking changes in supply and demand, identifying customers and their current and future needs, and monitoring the competition.
- Obtains market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product and directing promotional support.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer-relations programs and determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Develops new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development, acquiring and analyzing data, and consulting with internal and external sources.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Provides marketing information by answering questions and requests.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Completes marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develops marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where the most effective marketing manager job descriptions include details about your firm’s working hours and benefits. Tell prospective managers about flexible hours or work-week structures, and any travel requirements. You can also highlight any benefits unique to your company, like tuition or continuing education credits, paid parental leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Marketing Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Creating and maintaining client relationships
- Coaching and subordinate involvement
- Managing Processes
- Self-motivated yet customer-focused
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Familiar with financial planning and strategy
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
[Call to Action] Here is your chance to turn potential applicants into actual applicants, by letting them know exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Provide details on resume or application submissions, along with any other requirements.
Ready to Post Your Marketing Manager Job Description?
Now that you’ve built the perfect job listing, you need to post it where you’ll be able to quickly connect with talented marketing managers. At Monster we have a robust candidate engagement platform that can help you to hone in on the candidates you’re looking for when you need them. Find out how to start the process today with a free job listing on Monster.