[Intro Paragraph] Begin your healthcare administration job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell your company, institution, or workplace to applicants. Emphasize your organization’s values, mission, reputation, research and innovation, awards, and institutional and educational partnerships. Mention leadership opportunities and training, but also ways your company or institution makes a difference in people’s lives and healthcare outcomes.
Healthcare Administration Job Responsibilities:
- Manages finances and billing.
- Maintains and updates recordkeeping systems.
- Develops departmental and institutional goals.
- Determines revenue targets and monitors budget.
- Ensures legal compliance and adherence to accreditation guidelines.
- Oversees procurement of supplies and manages vendor relationships.
- Monitors and works to improve efficiency and quality of care and service.
- Recruits, hires, and trains staff and develop employee policies and procedures.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section you’ll want to sell the position to potential applicants in a similar way as your first paragraph marketed the workplace to candidates. To ensure that the salary range you mention is in line with similar salaries in your region, you can use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location. You can also mention benefits, including medical benefits, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, work-life balance, and on-site amenities such as fitness centers or daycare.
Healthcare Administration Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders with a diverse range of expertise.
- Strategic and crisis management, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Business administration and operations experience or training.
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding staff.
- Understanding of the basics of patient care.
- Data analysis skills.
- Budgeting and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Vendor relations experience.
- Corporate communications, public relations, marketing, and grant writing experience.
- Computer skills.
- Mission-driven and service mindset.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration required.
- Master’s degree in public health, healthcare administration, or business administration a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience in healthcare administration.
- Will also consider a recent graduate with past medical internship, fellowship, residency, or a prominent volunteer role in a healthcare setting.
- American College of Healthcare Executives certification.
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management Certified Medical Manager.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification, or knowledge and training in Continuous Process Improvement.
[Call to Action] Your healthcare administration job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to send a resume along with a cover letter, and if desired, fill out an online application.
Leverage Your Healthcare Administration Job Description with a Free Job Post
You’ve gotten a healthy start on your search for a qualified administrator by crafting an effective job description. Now attract top candidates from this sought-after field and find the perfect remedy for your staffing needs with a free job listing from Monster.