[Intro Paragraph] The first paragraph of your project manager posting should be a marketing summary of your company that will help you generate interest among potential candidates. This short introduction will help applicants become excited about the prospect of working for you. Describe what you have to offer new employees and set yourself apart from other companies.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepares and completes action plans.
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolves problems, completes audits, identifies trends, determines system improvements, and implements change.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Put the description of the work hours and benefits in the middle of your job posting to help keep prospective candidates reading your advertisement. This paragraph will describe not only standard work hours, but also special working conditions that may apply like flexible hours, work-from-home opportunities, and travel requirements. Also, include office perks like free lunches, commuter benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Project Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project and process management
- Negotiation skills
- Budget development and tracking
- Mentoring and coaching
- Critical thinking
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, business administration, or related field
- MBA preferred
- Two to three years’ experience as project manager
- Proficient with spreadsheet software and project management software
[Call to Action] Placing a call to action here at the end will get you more responses to your project manager job description. Tell job seekers how to respond to your job posting. If they should apply by clicking the “apply” button or by emailing an application to a specific email address, let them know.
Ready to Post Your Project Manager Job Description?
Project managers have unique skillsets that may not be easy to identify as you start your hiring process. The key is to make sure you’re reaching the right candidates. At Monster, we can connect your position to qualified candidates. Start the process today by finding out how to post your next job for free.