Automotive Service Writer
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your listing with an introductory paragraph that tells prospective applicants a little bit about your auto shop and your unique working environment. Just two or three sentences can drive your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate, and this your chance to set your business apart from the competition.
Automotive Service Writer Advisor Job Responsibilities:
- Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage, developing estimates, writing repair orders, and maintaining customer rapport and records.
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms, clarifying description of problems, conducting inspections, taking test drives, checking vehicle maintenance records, and examining service schedules.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor.
- Calculates customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
- Obtains approval signatures and enters RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle, obtaining customer’s approval of estimates, obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers, answering questions and concerns, and arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading manufacturers’ publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great place to include details about your company’s working hours and benefits. Tell prospective service writers about overtime requirements, flexible hours or work-week structures, and any necessary travel. You can also highlight any office perks or benefits you bring to the table, like loaner vehicles, paid parental leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Automotive Service Writer Advisor Qualifications / Skills:
- Equipment Maintenance
- Problem solving
- Reporting research results
- Quality focus
- Product knowledge
- Customer service
- Safety management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 2-plus years of experience in a service advisor role strongly preferred
- Experience or certification with specific manufacturer is a bonus
- Computer and point-of-sale proficiency
- Previous customer service experience
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
[Call to Action] Now you need to turn interested parties into actual applicants. The best performing job descriptions let them know exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Give prospective service writers and advisors specific details on resume or application submissions, or tell them to click on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Ready to Take Your Automotive Service Writer Job Description for a Test Drive?
Now that you’ve built the perfect listing, you can take your search for the best service advisors to the next level. Monster job ads provide a wide range of monthly plans to choose from, allowing your company to scale up, phase down, and cancel at any time. Find the plan that best fits your service center and you can take a look under the hood with MonsterSearch, our dynamic candidate engagement platform, at no extra charge. Get started now!