Automobile Technician Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
Automobile Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Automobile Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Automobile Technician Mechanic Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: