[Intro Paragraph] Begin the first paragraph of your automobile technician job description with a short elevator pitch of your company. Inform job seekers about your workplace by sharing the type of cars you work with, the size of the client base, and staff size. The first paragraph can help you stand out from other companies who are also looking to hire automobile technicians.
Automobile Technician Job Responsibilities: The automobile technician must have multiple technical skillsets, since they deal with computer systems regularly. Be sure to include the job responsibilities in your automobile technician job description, such as the examples below:
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles and completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, and tire rotations.
- Maintains vehicles’ functional condition by listening to operator complaints and conducting inspections.
- Repairs mechanical and electrical system malfunctions and replaces parts and components.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, adjusting controls, and updating systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Compiles vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and preventive maintenance.
- Contains costs by keeping track of warranties and evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours and Benefits] Add the work hours and benefits in the middle paragraph of your automobile technician job description. Placement here will help readers engage and stay interested in reading your job post. Describe the work schedule of the new automobile technician and any unusual requirements for the job, such as working on weekends or holidays. Next, include additional job benefits like education reimbursement, PTO, fully covered health insurance, or a sign-up bonus.
Automobile Technician Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of technical and mechanical procedures
- Strong reading skills and understanding of service manuals
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Great attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Strong communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma /GED equivalent
- Minimum of [number] years of technical manufacturing experience
[Call to Action] Now that the job seeker knows about your business and the open position, you need to provide them with a way to apply to your job. Include a call to action in the form of an apply button, an email address where they can forward their application, or your socials so they can reach out in case of additional questions.
Find Strong Automobile Technician Candidates
Once your automobile technician job description is fully complete, it’s time to get it out there for talented and qualified candidates to find. After all, you want to ensure your next hire is an experienced automobile technician. Monster can help you start the process by offering a free job post.