Patient Care Technician
[Intro Paragraph] Want to make your job posting stand out from the rest? Begin with two or three sentences introducing a prospective PCT to your medical practice or facility. Letting job seekers know exactly what you have to offer new employees that other companies don’t is the perfect way to get candidates excited about the prospect of working for you.
Patient Care Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with a registered nurse on developing a patient’s care plan.
- Develops and maintains competencies as delegated by a registered nurse, including sterile dressing changes.
- Maintains the safety of patients who have been identified at risk for preventable injury by the implementation of nursing safety interventions or the use of protective devices/equipment under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- Reports all patient activity to the registered nurse in a timely manner.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Performs receptionist duties in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Utilizes computer/handheld devices for documentation.
- Accurately orders supplies/equipment based on department needs.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the perfect place to include details about your company’s hourly requirements and available benefits. Tell prospective PCTs about flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. Also, does your facility offer unique benefits beyond healthcare and a 401(k)? Highlight things like tuition or continuing education credits, childcare reimbursement, or paid parental leave right here.
Patient Care Technician Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Equipment calibration
- Medical teamwork
- Supply management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Graduate of a Nursing Assistant course
- Certified (CNA) by the State
- BLS Certificate issued by the American Heart Association
- Clerical experience preferred
[Call to Action] The best patient care tech job listings include well-crafted call to action, which turns potential applicants into actual applicants. Let PCTs know exactly how to apply and what you need from them. For example, you can tell them to click on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing or have them email their resume and supporting documentation to a specific person at your company.
Is Your Patient Care Technician Job Description Ready for Prime Time?
Wonderful! While a great posting helps, it’s just the beginning of your candidate search. If you want to hire the best patient care tech fast, Monster job ads can help. We provide a wide range of monthly plans to choose from, allowing you to swap out job ads, and you can cancel any time. Get started today!