Physical Therapy Assistant
[Intro Paragraph] Start off your physical therapist assistant job description by providing some information about the company. It can be something about the company culture, a mission statement, or an impressive fact or statistic that will make job seekers take notice. Use this as a chance to show your organization’s strengths and to distinguish yourself from your competitors as an ideal employer.
Physical Therapy Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Contributes to a physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues.
- Administers treatment programs for patients.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, and obtaining updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Evaluates abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises and instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities.
- Helps patients in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens, giving normal growth and development information, and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, and adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends and monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations and JACHO standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading periodicals, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ve introduced your audience to your company and have provided them with job responsibilities. Next up is a conversation about working hours and benefits. Hopefully after this section, they will be interested enough to read on. Talk about working conditions or requirements, including shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedule. Will the assistant be working long hours at a nursing home or hospital or will they be working in a patient’s home? If your organization offers special benefits like uniform cleaning/dry cleaning services, transportation subsides, or career development opportunities, then be sure to reference them.
Physical Therapy Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Physiological knowledge
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Motivating others
- Organization skills
- Bedside manner
- Patient services
- Health care administration
- Documentation skills
- Listening and verbal communication
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree for physical therapy assistant
- All states require a license or certification
- Must pass a state-administered exam or the National Physical Therapy Exam administered by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
[Call To Action] At the end of your physical therapy assistant job description, make sure to include a call to action. By supplying clear instructions for the job seeker concerning how they should apply, you are increasing your chances of getting a response. For instance, you can tell them to “apply on the company website” or to click on the “apply” button.
Connect with the Right Candidates with Help from Monster
If you’re ready to find talented physical therapy assistants, then turn to Monster’s job ads to get your search started. There’s a monthly plan suitable for every business, and you have the freedom to scale up or down as needed. Find out more now!