[Intro Paragraph] Take the next 2-3 sentences of your accounting clerk job description to introduce your business to prospective accounting clerks, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. You have an opportunity to set your company apart from competing job listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Accounting Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Supports accounting operations by filing documents, reconciling statements, and running software programs.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies and filing documents.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with the general ledger.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer and processing backups.
- Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program.
- Determines value of depreciable assets by running depreciation software program.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can include working hours and benefits, another chance to sell potential applicants on things like telecommuting, work-from-home options, or additional availability during tax season. Benefits that can set your firm apart, like vacation time in after tax season, conference sponsorships, or childcare reimbursements can go right here.
Accounting Clerk Qualifications/Skills:
- Familiarity with financial software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Reporting skills
- Typing proficiency
- Organization, attention to detail, productivity, and dependability
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- University/college degree in a related discipline is an asset.
- Previous accounting experience preferred.
[Call to Action] Now that applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a call to action, so prospective accounting assistants or clerks know exactly how to apply. A well-crafted call to action, closing out your accounting clerk job description, will turn interested job seekers into actual applicants. Let them know how to submit an application and resume or who to contact at your company to apply.
Find Your Next Accounting Clerk Today
The best accounting clerks are in high demand, so you’ll want to make sure you get your accounting clerk job description in front of as many qualified candidates as possible. Monster can help you get started with a free job listing.