Chief of Staff
[Intro Paragraph] Your advertisement should start with a short paragraph about your company. This should be a marketing summary aimed at your ideal candidate that will inspire and create positive feelings about your company. Your goal is to set yourself apart from other competing positions.
- Acts as a strategic advisor to the CEO/President and senior management team.
- Represents CEO/President in meetings, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the CEO/Presidents calendar and prioritizes their time and schedule.
- Drafts letters, emails, reports, and other correspondence on behalf of the CEO/President.
- Supports CEO/President in meetings by taking notes and assuming responsibility for completion of action items.
- Acts as the liaison between CEO/President and other executives, clients, and stakeholders to ensure consistent communication and ensuring involvement or decision-making at the proper time.
- Participates with the CEO/President and senior management team in strategic planning, policy development, and decision-making.
- Ensures timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives of the CEO/President.
- Researches and recommends new and revised policies and strategies.
- Creates and maintains systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Establishes standards and procedures for hiring and managing the office staff and personnel for the CEO/President.
- Maintains accurate confidential files and data records.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the paragraph where you will tell your candidate about the work hours and benefits. In addition to your descriptions about health care and 401Ks, you should include other non-standard elements, such as travel requirements, flexible hours, and work-from-home opportunities. Remember to include information about office perks, such as free lunches, company retreats, company cell phones and laptops, and anything else that makes your company a better choice for a job seeker.
Chief of Staff Qualifications/Skills:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking
- Positive outlook
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or a similar field
- 3+ years in a business or executive management role
- Track record of organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Highly experienced with Excel or Google Sheets for reporting and analytics
[Call To Action] At the end of your chief of staff job description, include a call to action. Tell your candidate how to respond to your ad, whether that’s by clicking the apply button on the screen, emailing a resume, or applying on the company’s website. If you want the potential new hire to provide additional information beyond a resume, make sure you tell them what you want and how to get it to you.
Ready to post your job description?
Once you are happy with your chief of staff job description, it is time to start finding qualified candidates. Monster can help you with that. Post your employment advertisement using one of Monster’s flexible monthly plans. There is a variety of choices, and one of them will suit your needs. You can upgrade, scale down, or cancel at any time without additional cost. Make it happen today!