VP of Operations
[Intro Paragraph] We suggest starting your VP of operations job description with a short, two- to three- sentence paragraph introducing your company and providing some basic information about the work environment for the position. This is your opportunity to make a strong impression on candidates by communicating successfully the value your organization provides to employees. Use a little creativity to help generate some excitement about the role and try to set yourself apart from other companies.
VP of Operations Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day company operations.
- Define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processes.
- Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities.
- Monitor performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all phases of operations.
- Coordinate support to operations throughout the business.
- Interview, hire, train, and mentor the operations management team.
- Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership team.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great place to add a paragraph discussing the working hours and benefits for the position. Adding this information here can help keep candidates’ attention by showcasing some of the noteworthy benefits your company provides, such as paid time off, employee stock purchase programs, commuter benefits, or office perks like catered meals and onsite wellness programs. This should also be where you note any special working hour requirements or options, such as frequent work-related travel or work-from-home opportunities.
VP of Operations Qualifications/Skills:
- Proven track record as a team leader with an understanding of management practices
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
- Analytical problem-solving skills with an impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or a related field
- MBA, MAC or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- 5-10 years supervisory experience in operations or related field
- Multi-team management experience
- Previous P&L responsibility preferred
[Call to Action] We recommend the last paragraph of your VP of operations job description include a strong call to action, instructing interested candidates on how best to apply for the position. The addition of a call to action will increase the number of responses you receive and eliminate any uncertainty applicants may have about how to proceed. For example, you can instruct applicants to click the “apply” button at the top of the page or provide a specific email address that applicants should send their resume.
Staff Your Executive Team With Top Talent
Depending on the size and scope of your organization, your VP of operations may have one of the best views of what’s working, and what isn’t, from a day-to-day standpoint. Put your VP of operations job description in front of top talent today by posting your ad at no charge with Monster.