Chief Financial Officer
[Intro paragraph] Begin your CFO job description with an introductory paragraph that tells the prospective applicant a little bit about your company and the working environment. This is your chance to set your company apart from the rest. Take 2-3 sentences to cater your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate and you’ll lure the best of the best.
Chief Financial Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
- Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; and planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; and developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. This is your chance to tell prospective CFOs about work from home and support staff options. And focus on the benefits that set you apart, such as stock and ownership options, paid parental leave, or corporate travel accounts.
Chief Financial Officer Qualifications/Skills:
- Financial planning and strategy
- Managing profitability
- Strategic planning and vision
- Quality management
- Promotion of process improvement
- Corporate finance
- Budget development
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certification a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting and financial management practices.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Proficiency with accounting software, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
[Call to Action] Now that you have a candidate’s interest, you need to let them know how to apply and encourage them to do so. So here you should have your call to action. Advise prospective CFOs to apply through the job posting or to contact your HR department directly.
Ready to Cash In on Your CFO Job Description?
As you look for the next leaders in your organization, it helps to know where to look. Team up with Monster and we’ll put our experience to work to help you find your next hire. Get started today by posting your next job with us for free.