[Intro paragraph] Introducing your school, business, or nonprofit to prospective paraprofessionals is the perfect start to your posting. Take a few sentences to highlight your organizational culture and working environment, set your workplace apart from competing job listings, and sell yourself to job seekers on the unique opportunities you bring to the table.
Paraprofessional Job Responsibilities:
- Enhances organizational effectiveness by providing administrative support.
- Organizes projects by collecting and maintaining documents, information, and records.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintains and updates department schedules.
- Serves customers by greeting, answering or referring inquiries, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Tracks office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needs, placing orders, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Contributes to team effort by performing additional tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can discuss your working hours and benefits. This is another chance to sell potential applicants on things like overtime or seasonal availability, as well as the benefits that can set your firm apart, like paid vacation time or family leave, childcare reimbursements, or credits toward pursuing your license or degree.
Paraprofessional Qualifications / Skills:
- Administrative writing skills
- Reporting skills
- Supply management
- Microsoft Office skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organization
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of 48 college credits (including both Math & English at levels 100 or higher) or a passing score of 459 on Paraprofessional Assessment exam
- Previous experience, especially in particular industry, preferred
[Call to Action] Now that prospective paraprofessionals are familiar with your organization and the job requirements, you need a compelling call to action to encourage them to apply. Let applicants know how and where to submit resume, who to contact at your organization to submit an application, or whether they need to click the “apply” button at the top of the ad.
Find the Perfect Paraprofessional for Your Needs Today
Whether you’re an educational facility, business, or some other kind of organization that hire paraprofessionals, getting the right support for your professional endeavors is key. Let Monster help you make the process more efficient by reaching the most qualified candidates in a short amount of time. Get started today with a free job posting.