Java Developer Job Responsibilities:
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
Java Developer Job Duties:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Java Developer Skills and Qualifications:
Java, Java Applets, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging