Human Resources Manager
[Intro paragraph] Begin your job posting with 2 or 3 sentences that introduce job seekers to your company and your unique working environment. Communicate what your business brings to the table and the kinds of opportunities you can provide new employees to truly set your job listing apart from the competition.
Human Resources Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Advances human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where you’ll want to include any company-specific working hours and benefits. Tell prospective human resources managers about telecommuting options, flexible work schedules, or any required travel. You can also sell potential applicants on the benefits — like commuter credits, paid family leave, or childcare reimbursement — that set your business apart.
Human Resources Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to convert an interested party into a job applicant. The best job descriptions do this by closing the posting with a compelling call to action and advise prospective HR managers on exactly how to apply. For example, tell them to “click the apply button” at the top of the job listing or to email their application and resume to someone at your company.
Find Your Next Human Resources Manager Today
It’s a big deal when you’re looking to hire the person who’s going to be in charge of hiring all your other employees, so you want to find the right person the first time around. Writing a winning human resources manager job description is a great first step. Now, put it to the test with a free job posting on Monster.