HR Administrative Assistant
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your posting with a short description of your company and the position you are trying to fill. This should be a marketing summary that will help gain the attention of your ideal candidate. This is a chance to highlight what you have to offer new hires and set yourself apart from competing roles.
HR Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Supports human resources department by screening, testing, and interviewing applicants.
- Prepares payroll by calculating pay, distributing checks, and maintaining payroll records.
- Provides orientation for new employees by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, gathering withholding and other payroll information, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining signatures for documents.
- Maintains human resources records for employees by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications, and merit increase dates as well as tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Administers employee benefit program including student loan, medical insurance, savings bond, and disability programs by advising employees of eligibility, providing application information, helping with form completion, verifying submission, and notifying employees of approvals.
- Documents and tracks human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Sets up and schedules complicated meetings for interviewees, hiring managers, employees, and department heads.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Your HR administrative assistant job description will perform better if you put information about work hours and benefits here in the middle. You need to include information about flexible schedules, travel requirements, and work-from-home opportunities. Be sure to describe special benefits such as office perks, tuition reimbursements, and commuter benefits.
HR Administrative Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Word processing skills
- Spreadsheet preparation and tracking skills
- Calendaring skills
- Presentation skills
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Organizational skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or work equivalent
- One year of administrative support experience
- Microsoft suite experience
- Scheduling experience
- Spreadsheet experience
[Call to Action] You have done a good job of creating your job posting. Now you need to get people to apply. Help them by giving them a call to action. Tell them that they can respond to your advertisement by clicking the apply button or by sending a resume to an email address.
Ready to Find Your New HR Administrative Assistant?
We know it seems hard, but creating the HR administration assistant job description is the easy part. Now you need to post it and find that ideal candidate. Monster can help with that. Choose from one of Monster’s flexible monthly plans for your recruiting needs. These plans can be tailored to your business needs by letting you upgrade, scale down, or cancel the advertisement without additional cost. Find your candidate today!