Receptionist Job Description Sample
This receptionist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
Receptionist Job Duties:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills, Supply Management
Get Help Hiring Your Next Receptionist
A great receptionist can make all the difference in the ease with which your workday runs. You want to find a skilled candidate who can answer the call, not one who will leave you on proverbial hold. Could you use some help with that? Join Monster for free today. As a member, you’ll receive hiring tips and advice, special offers, industry trends, and much more. Let Monster connect you to your next hire.