Medical Billing Clerk Job Description Sample
This medical billing clerk sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Medical Billing Clerk Job Responsibilities:
Generates revenue by making payment arrangements; collecting accounts; monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts.
Medical Billing Clerk Job Duties:
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Utilizes collection agencies and small claims court to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies; determining appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies; testifying for the hospital in court cases.
- Maintains medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings; monitoring collections; compiling information.
- Initiates claims against estates by monitoring deaths and unpaid accounts; informing legal department to act on probate and estate issues; following-up with clerk of court.
- Secures outstanding balance payments for care of hospital employees by establishing payroll deductions; obtaining signatures for automatic transfers,
- Secures obstetrical payments by interviewing and obtaining information from pre-delivery patients; establishing payments due prior to delivery; sending monthly statements.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects hospital's value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances billing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Billing Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Resolving Conflict, Litigation
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Medical Billing Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.
- Monster's TargetPost Clerical staff listing
- How to interview:Medical Billing and Coding Specialists
Learn more about the recruiting process: