Art Director Job Description
This art director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Art Director Job Responsibilities:
Produces art layouts by developing art concepts; providing work direction to staff.
Art Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes art department work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees.
- Meets art department work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Meets art department cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Formulates art concepts by supervising workers engaged in executing layout designs for art work and copy to be presented by visual communications media.
- Keeps customers informed by reviewing illustrative material for presentation.
- Reviews project production factors by studying budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Selects and secures illustrative material by formulating basic layout design concept; conducting research.
- Produces illustrative material by assigning layout design concept to artists and photographers; directing development of design concepts into art layouts.
- Prepares layouts for printing by marking-up, pasting-up, and finishing layouts.
- Obtains client approval by presenting final layouts, story boards, and illustrations; responding to client commentary and requests.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances art department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Art Director Skills and Qualifications:
Coordination, Creativity, Vision, Project Management, Product Management, Organization, Graphic Design Skills, Developing Creative Standards, Illustration Tools, Desktop Publishing Skills, Multimedia Content Development
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Art Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.