[Intro Paragraph] Be sure to discuss what makes your firm unique and exciting in the introduction of your animator job description. This is your best chance to make your organization shine and stand apart from your competitors. Help animators imagine what it might be like to work at your company in this particular role.
Animator Job Responsibilities:
- Animates realistic, story-driven character actions that are exciting, emotional, and compelling.
- Animates creatures, props, vehicles, and cameras, as well as actions based on storyboards, script pages or descriptions.
- Creates scene layouts using a library of assets.
- Composes and animates cameras in a cinematic style.
- Works closely with 3D artists, leads and the animation supervisor to ensure the clients’ requirements are met.
- Works under guidance of the senior 3D artists to grow and develop the business, as well as implement working methodologies, manage large projects, and coordinate the visual effects output and quality control.
- Works with lead animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serves as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place to insert a summary of work hours and benefits, including work-from-home possibilities, flex schedules, or overtime requirements. And animators will also want to know about the benefits that make your company a great place to work, including vacation, flex time, and retirement plans.
Animator Qualifications / Skills:
- Animation skills
- Graphic design skills
- Developing creative standards
- Proficiency with illustration tools
- Desktop publishing skills
- Multimedia content development
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in animation or computer graphics
- 1-3 years’ 3D animation experience
- Familiarity with Maya
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems knowledge as well as experience in Windows
- General knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD, and Nuke/After Effects
- An understanding of aspect dynamics, animation rigging/set-up, and 3D character animation
- Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process
- Understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines
[Call to Action] You’ll want to add a call to action to the end of your posting so prospective animators know exactly how to respond. By providing a specific details for applications, such as clicking on a link or submitting their resume via email, you are likely increasing your odds of getting successful responses.
Let Monster Help Find Your next 3D Animator
Now that you’ve crafted a top-notch animator job description for your animator, it’s time to get it out into the world. Monster can help you find and hire the right person. Learn more today.