Sample Interview Questions: Bookkeeper
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a bookkeeper.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- How much interaction did you have with vendors and clients?
- What type of accounting systems are you most familiar with using?
- Tell me about your computer skills in general.
- What sort of financial reports were you responsible for preparing?
- Are you familiar with federal, state or local legal requirements?
- What type of reporting structure did you work within in previous jobs?
- What skills do you consider your greatest strengths?
- Tell me about a complex project you were tasked with completing under deadline.
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- What have you done recently to become a better bookkeeper?
- What do you know about this company and our services?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Every interview you conduct should be integrated with your overall hiring strategy to help avoid hiring disasters.
Interviewing is a crucial step in the overall hiring process, so you must be properly prepared—from opening remarks to the final handshake. Could you use some help putting together a strategy? Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you the latest recruiting tips, hiring trends, management strategies, and even some awesome Monster deals. We've got the time-tested expertise, plus cutting-edge technology, to help you know what questions to ask in order to discover top candidates.