Bookkeeper Job Description Sample
This bookkeeper sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
A Bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bookkeeper Skills and Qualifications:
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness
Get Help Hiring your next Bookkeeper
Are you looking for a bookkeeper to keep your company’s financial accounts in good order? If you’re wondering where you’ll find them, we can help. Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you helpful hiring tips delivered right to your inbox. We’ll even throw in a special job posting offer to get you moving in the right direction. Let’s get hiring!