Vice president job description sample
Use our vice president job description sample as a search-optimized, easily customized template. Follow the directions provided, and revise each section with information about your company and the position that is being advertised. You can find more ideas by taking a look through our current vice president job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] We suggest beginning your vice president job description with a short introductory paragraph. In two to three sentences, give candidates some information about your company and the work environment for this role. This is your opportunity to communicate the value your company provides to employees and set this position apart from others. What can you share with job seekers that will generate excitement about applying for this role?
Vice President Job Responsibilities:
- Drive collaboration across the organization to identify needs and develop scalable solutions.
- Prioritize objectives and implement strategies to achieve company initiatives as part of the leadership team.
- Deploy data and research to drive cross-business corporate prioritization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to achieve mutual goals.
- Form and lead internal teams, providing training and mentorship as needed.
- Directly and indirectly manage staff with the goal of enhancing professional development and personal growth.
- Manage relationships with key clients.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great place to add in some specifics about work hours and benefits for this position. Adding this information helps keep candidates’ attention and provides a great chance to highlight some of the noteworthy benefits and perks your company provides, such as paid time off, retirement plans, and potential bonus opportunities. This is also where you will want to mention any working hour requirements for this role, such as frequent travel or expected overtime.
Vice President Qualifications/Skills:
- Strategic vision with the ability to execute
- Demonstrated leadership presence and maturity
- Impeccable judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Executive-level presentation skills and ability to handle high-level client interactions
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and negotiating skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- MBA or other graduate-level degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience leading high-performing teams
- Previous project management or business development experience a plus
[Call to Action] We recommend ending your vice president job description with a call to action, directing candidates how best to apply for the position. Adding this information will help maximize the response rate and gives applicants clarity on how to take the next step in the application process. For example, you can direct applicants to email a resume to a specific email address or to apply online by clicking the button marked “apply” at the top of the page.
Find and engage with top talent now
Shorten your time-to-hire with a flexible monthly job plan from Monster. Your job will be shared on Monster’s network of websites, posted to the Monster mobile app, sent directly to candidates via email job alerts, and distributed via newspaper partners. Swap out jobs, scale up, scale down, or cancel your plan at any time. Get started today!