[Intro Paragraph] The most effective president job postings use this section as an elevator pitch for the role and company that encourages executives to make the leap. Talented executives are in high demand and are usually in a prominent role already, so it is helpful to show why it’s a smart choice by describing the culture, mission, values, history, and accolades.
President Job Responsibilities: This is where you’ll share a comprehensive list of the responsibilities so executives know the expectations and can determine if they have the necessary skills to be successful in the role. For example, you might be looking for a president who:
- Represents the company at internal and external events.
- Manages department leaders to ensure that they are meeting KPIs and OKRs.
- Implements the company strategy and leads the day-to-day business operations.
- Presents strategies and results to executives, key stakeholders, and the board of directors.
- Adheres to all federal, state, and local business laws and regulations and company policies.
- Develops and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives and key results (OKRs) for all departments and teams.
- Oversees multiple departments, including legal, operations, finance, marketing, and human resources.
- Participates in business development initiatives such as investments, fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
- Develops strong working relationships with colleagues across departments and seniority levels.
[Work Hours and Benefits] Like any executive position, the president role is rarely a nine-to-five job. Experienced executives expect that there will be some late nights in the office. Show that hard work will be rewarded by showcasing your competitive employee benefits package and financial incentives like performance bonuses, equity compensation, and pension plans.
President Qualifications and Skills: Use this section of the president job description to list the necessary and preferred requirements so executives know whether they’ll be considered qualified. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Communicates effectively and has excellent public speaking skills.
- Implements actionable plans to hit KPIs and OKRs.
- Excels at relationship building and has exceptional leadership skills.
- Learns quickly and has strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in business, economics, finance, accounting, marketing, entrepreneurship, or a similar major is required.
- Master of Business Administration is strongly preferred.
- Prior executive-level experience and at least [number of years] of experience in operations roles are required.
[Call to Action] Effective president job postings include an invitation to apply. Provide instructions for how to apply from the job board or on your company’s website. If you have any information about the hiring timeline or next steps in the hiring process, it can be helpful to include it so candidates know what to expect.
Post Your President Job Description to Find the Right Fit
After customizing the job description, your next challenge is reaching talented executives who are ready for a new opportunity. Make the most of Monster’s global reach and search tools and maximize your return on investment with a free job posting.